Jackie Chan Marathon: Introduction

Hi folks! I'm Puzzleman. Welcome to the introduction to Jackie Chan Marathon.

During these short reviews we are going to have a closer look at Jackie Chan's career through his films mostly in chronologiacal order. There will be a few exeptions when the same movie is re-edited and published with a different title. This tour is based on the time period from the early 70s to the present day.

I'm a fan of these motion pictures. The first Jackie Chan film I've ever seen was Snake in the Eagle's Shadow on a German tv channel in the mid 90s. And a few years later a Hungarian tv channel broadcasted Twin Dragons, the first two parts of the Police Story series, and Project A. That is how it all started.

I got used to American action comedies to that point (which doesn't necessary mean that I have got tired of these). Hong Kong movies were so much different in many ways. Those were like a breath of fresh air. The documentary Jackie Chan: My Stunts, which was about his filmmaking and behind the scenes, made me realize how much work, time and effort cost to become successful.

Since then I recorded many of his movies on VHS tapes from television in order to watch those multiple times. The big problems were that most of those films weren't the uncut versions and on commerical channels the outtakes from the ending weren't shown.

So that's why I started collecting DVDs. Especially in case of Hong Kong movies it is important for me to get the uncut version including original soundtrack and at least with subtitles in a languagae I know and understand. However these are the primary aspects the correct aspect ratio and decent picture quality are also important. There are DVDs nicely done by such companies as Hong Kong Legends, Joy Sales and Fortune Star.

I hope you will enjoy my reviews. The first stop of the Jackie Chan Marathon will be the 1971 Hong Kong martial arts action film titled The Cub Tiger from Kwang Tung.



Jackie Chan Marathon Trailer by Puzzle_Projector


Jackie Chan Marathon Trailer Extended v3 anti... by Puzzle_Projector

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése