90s TV vs TV now

Growing up in the 90s and in the early 2000s was cool because there were so great 80s and 90s shows on TV to choose from. Well until the commercial TV channels took over and it was good for a while. In the beginning they were just copying other channels only with more ads.
Then the quality of those shows started to decline. Everything was dumbed down. There was no turning back. The ads, reality shows and docudramas ruined everything for me. It just wasn't as interesting as Saturday morning cartoons, animes, action comedies and sitcoms.

Just out of curiosity, I checked the TV programme of the German RTL a few months ago and on that channel there was the same fucking thing going on as on the Hungarian commercial TV channels. 

There used to be Saturday morning cartoons on the German RTL, PRO7 and SAT1. I grew up on those shows. They were so great. Do you know what do they have instead? The German RTL just broadcasts docudramas every Saturday morning for hours. WTF? I didn't believe my eyes. That's wasted potential right there.
Back then I watched German TV channels and Cartoon Network because those had better entertainment for kids: better shows and better cartoons. Well we copy the German TV channels and they copy American TV channels. Docudramas and reality shows are so cheap to make with talentless people without a believable performance. People cannot even play their part right. That's not entertainment for me. We also copied the Jerry Springer Show so the average Joe could laugh on minority. When you make a show at least put some effort into the process, man.
It just made more sense to read novels for my homework, study and play video games. Months before my school leaving exam I even stopped watching TV and I rarely turned back since then. I didn't regeret it. I am thankful to my Literature and Grammar teacher who told us not to watch these shows. There are much better shows out there on the internet. When I really like something I buy it on DVD or Bluray to support creative content creators like James Rolfe. 

Growing up in the 90s was so great because I had quality entertainment with my friends. There were awesome TV shows, games, and movies. I feel sorry for kids nowadays. They have to grow up on tabloid talk shows like Jerry Springer Show, reality shows and crap like that while they could just watch anything else from the best decades of entertainment on the internet. They just have to have demand for quality.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése