Blade Runner 2049 (2017) review

Luckily I had time to watch the new Blade Runner before it vanished from the cinema. I'm glad I managed to watch it at the movie theatre. If you like slow sci-fi movies like the original or 2001: A Space Odyssey then chances are you are going to love the new Blade Runner as well.

It concentrates on the story and the characters. There is enough time to develop everything. Blade Runner 2049 makes you think about the questions it raises about alienation, consumption and being human. It isn't another bullshit alibi movie which just sets up another sequel. I have watched far too many mindless blockbusers and frankly I'm getting tired of these. Well Blade Runner 2049 is a totally different animal.
The cinematography was gorgeous. I like how it was filmed. The director knows how to create a unique atmosphere. His world is depressing but colorful. A world which is believable and probably this is how the Earth is going to look like in the future. This film wasn't boring at all. It sucked me in at the first minute.

I truly loved this movie and I want to watch it again immediately if it was possible. Blade Runner 2049 is worthy enough to put it on the shelf next to the original. It continues the original movie well. It has got beautifully shot scenes and the director (Denis Villeneuve) is very talented. This is how to do a good sequel. I think I have to pre-order the bluray now.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése